Monday, October 25, 2004

What they really think

Before I begin, I'm not saying that all Republicans or Conservatives hold these views. But the folks who currently hold power on the Right do, and it's scary.

Have you ever heard of Christian Reconstructionism? Read about it here. These folks really want a world like the one created by Margaret Atwood in "A Handmaid's Tale". I've brought this up to people before, and everyone just tells me I'm crazy. Tell people in Iran or Afghanistan I'm crazy. What right-minded person in Tehran or Kabul in the 70's could have thought that there cosmopolitan societies would very soon be taken over by religious fanatics? Not to say that Iran or Afghanistan were pillars of democracy, but they were fairly open societies.

Just read the piece on Christian Reconstructionists and be very, very nervous.

No comments: