Friday, July 01, 2005

It's gonna be a long summer

So today, Sandra Day O'Connor resigned from the Supreme Court. Folks, it's about to get really, really ugly. Will W do the sensible thing and nominate a moderate, much like O'Connor herself? Or will he give the wingnuts what they want, a hardline conservative? My heart tells me he'll do the right thing for the country and appoint a moderate. My brain says no effin' way he'll do that. Just what the country needs now, more hatred, from both sides. Yeah, I'm a liberal, but I don't agree lock-step with everything the Dems do. For instance, I think it's a mistake to make abortion rights such a huge issue. But then again, I'm a man and will never have to worry about getting pregnant, unless something extraordinary occurs in science (remember "Junior" with the Governator?). Yep, it's gonna be really ugly.

By the way, I can totally understand why Matthew Perry got hooked on Vicodin. I'm taking it now for the pain from having my 4 wisdom teeth pulled. The best way I can describe is that it's like living in a marshmallow. Totally, totally mellow and relaxed. Not a care in the world. I can still feel the pain, but it's like it's happening to someone else, not me. It's almost like an out of body experience. I've just taken my 1st of the day. I'm trying not to take too much, but the pain has won out this time. I only took 2 yesterday. The 1st night, I was eating them like candy. Can't wait until the pain goes away.

No comments: