Wednesday, January 18, 2006

Hmm





This kind of snuck up on me. I mean I knew Ice Cube has become one of Hollywood's favorite actors, with roles in movies as diverse as "Boyz In The Hood", "Friday", "Barbershop", "xXx: State of The Union" and "Are We There Yet", but on the drive home today, I was listening to BackSpin on Sirius, and was blasting "Check Yo Self" - a great song he did with Das EFX way back when.



How do you go from writing lyrics like:

"So chickity-check yo self before you wreck yo self
Come on and check yo self before you wrickity-wreck yo self
So chickity-check yo self before you wreck yo self
Cause big dicks up yo ass is bad for yo health"


or

"Mister, mister, before you make me go
I'm here to let you know your little girl is a hoe
Nympho, nympho, boy is she bad
Get her all alone and out comes the kneepads"

to starring in movies with little kids?

No comments: