Sunday, March 05, 2006

Things NOT to do with your dog

It's a beautiful Sunday afternoon in DC, if a bit chilly. I decided to take my dog with me to get some gas for the car - he loves going on car rides, especially with the back window down. I get to the gas station and decided to buy a car wash as well - the car's a bit dirty. While in the car wash, Kaleb (my dog) gets a little freaked out by the noise and the big brushes, so he jumps from the back seat to the front. No big deal, right? After all, I'm not driving, just sitting there while the car is getting washed. Right, except for one thing - I drive a Saab. As Saab drivers everywhere will tell you, Saabs are great, great cars, with some rather eccentric qualities, one of which is having the ignition and window controls placed in the center console. You can see where this is going, can't you? Yep, when Kaleb jumped into the front seat, his paw hit the button for the driver's side window. Soap and water shot through the window before I realized what was happening. Probably a million gallons (that's how it felt, anyway). It was like something out of a comedy - I would have laughed my ass off if it had happened to anyone else. Actually, I'm laughing about it now - 30 minutes and a change of clothes later.

1 comment:

MountainWave said...

Ohhhhhhhhh......
that is hilarious and painful at the same time. I can totally picture it.
Kaleb keepin' it real. Give him a squirrel toss for his Uncle Leo and Aunt Sara.