Tuesday, September 12, 2006

Voting Problems in Maryland

Today was election day in many places across the country, including primary races in Maryland. The following is from my friend Marielle, telling about her problems voting today.

Hi all,
I just needed to share my voting frustrations. Montgomery County election workers screwed up big time today in the primaries. I showed up at 7:30 to the polling place and got turned away altogether..."Try back later" was their answer as someone had forgotten to include the voting cards needed for the electronic machines for ALL voting stations in the county. That's a pretty huge mistake!!!
I showed up again at 8:30 and voted on a provisional ballot, which apparently won't even get counted until Monday next week. I even have my doubts that they instructed me to do it properly and whether or not my vote will get counted as a result (which btw took me 30 minutes as it involved a ton of paperwork!).
Unfortunately some of the primary candidates I wanted to win have their strongest base in Mont. Co...I'm afraid this is going to negatively affect the final results!
GRRR...such incompetence! Read more about it in this Washington Post article.

No comments: