Tuesday, October 17, 2006

LA Day 1

Just got back to my hotel after spending the evening with my homie Aaron S. He's in grad school here at UCLA, about 20 minutes from my hotel. He showed me around Santa Monica and Hollywood tonight. Good times. Had dinner at a cool little pub in Santa Monica, Father's Office. Awesome beer selection, delicious steak and sweet potato fries. And, this being LA, beautiful women! Oh my God!! I love my wife with all my heart, and she's awesome. Just let me say, it's a good thing I'm an honest man with a ring on my finger. If I was single, I'd move the California in a heartbeat. Daaaaaammmmmnnnnnn!!! We ran into a few of Aaron's classmates, one of which had a friend visiting from San Fran. Let's just say her tattoo and thong were very, very nice to see.

Of course, I'm out really out here for work, and the conference I'm attending. Went to a few interesting sessions today on diversity in the workplace. Tomorrow morning, one of my favorite NPR reporters, Maria Hinojosa, is speaking. Can't wait to hear her.

No comments: