Sunday, February 11, 2007

Why this family is supporting Obama

My wife loves Hilary Clinton. Absolutely loves her. As long as I've known her, she's wanted Hilary to run for President. But something interesting has happened - she's an Obama supporter, like me. Why? Because he's for a fresh start, a change. The Clinton's had 8 years to do their thing. Bush has had 8 years. Let's try something completely different. Things can only get better. As he says himself,

“I recognize there is a certain presumptuousness - a certain audacity - to this announcement. I know I haven’t spent a lot of time learning the ways of Washington. But I’ve been there long enough to know that the ways of Washington must change."


And here's something I picked up from The Carpetbagger Report, the years in elected office of those running for President:

* Obama: 10 years (7 state Senate, 3 U.S. Senate)
* Clinton: 8 years (8 U.S. Senate)
* Edwards: 6 years (6 U.S. Senate)
* Giuliani: 8 years (two, four-year mayoral terms)
* Romney: 4 years (one four-year gubernatorial term)
* McCain: 25 years (4 U.S. House, 21 U.S. Senate)

No comments: