Tuesday, October 23, 2007

The latest

Cell phone service out of San Diego has been spotty, so my little brother has been texting me with updates. They were able to pack up both cars and get to Maggie's parent's house in Scripps Ranch, only to be ordered to evacuate again later in the day. It's truly sad, especially as their house burned down in the fire a few years ago and was just rebuilt. The latest text I got from him said
"We are safe at the Smith's (his in-laws) friend's house in La Jolla. Watchin' the news. Still don't know what to xpct. My fon dont work. Txts yes."


Proving that he still has a sense of humor, he sent me this pic of himself yesterday, looking like he just robbed someone, but the bandana was so he could breath with all the smoke and ash in the air.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

No comments: