Thursday, November 04, 2004

We're back

Our man won, but none of us got too happy about it, because of what was happening elsewhere. GA's 12th district elected John Barrows to Congress. A blue island in a sea of red.

The bus ride home from Athens yesterday was long and quiet. Amber cried quite a bit. I tried not to. Still can't believe it. I know we're not that out of touch with America, are we? Now is the time of introspection, to decide what we need to do. Here are a few thoughts. Don't give up. Republicans have been where we are before, and now look. Everything is cyclical, or is that everything is cynical?

Suprisingly, I'm not mad or angry. At least not yet. I'm just profoundly sad and depressed. When you feel that you are in the right, and are told by the electorate that you're not, how do you respond? I don't know. But I do know this - watch out Louisianna, I'll be down there in December to get us a couple of House seats!!

No comments: