Monday, November 21, 2005

Fun Weekend

So this past weekend, I gave up my tickets to the UVa - Va Tech football game (thank God, it was ugly) to spend the day with my 5 year old niece Kennedy. We originally planned to go bowling with her Daisy troop, but that got postponed until the spring, so we had a "date" instead. My sister dropped her off around noon and Kennedy looked so cute! She dressed up just for her Uncle Charlie - my sister said that she picked her clothes out herself. I took her into the city to show her the White House (Is that where the President lives? We don't like him, do we?), my office, and the monuments. Then we went to Petsmart to buy some treats for my dog, Kaleb, and look at the animals. She was fascinated by the lizards. Me, not so much. The highlight of our date was going to the movies to see "Chicken Little". She loved it, and I thought it was pretty cute. She was most excited by the popcorn and M&Ms. This was my first time going to a movie theatre filled with kids since I was a kid. It was actually pretty enjoyable - I love the sound of kids laughing. Afterwards, we went to Target (I needed some new hair clippers) and I bought her a new coloring book and a My Little Pony Christmas DVD. We got home just as the FW was getting back from class. We had Spaghettios for dinner (Yum!) and watched her new DVD while she did the FW's hair. I love my niece!! And can't wait to meet my newest niece Maya - I hope my brother and his wife can make it to the East Coast for the holidays.

No comments: