Monday, November 21, 2005

My New Ride


In addition to having a date with my niece on Saturday, I also bought a new car. It's a Saab 9-5, my 2nd Saab. I've loved Saabs since I was a kid, mainly because they looked different. I had an old 900S for a few years, but got rid of it last year, it got to the point that it was just expensive to care for. I bought it used and it had major problems from Day 1. I had to redo the entire wiring for the car, get a new clutch, brakes, etc. The final straw was when the radiator cracked. No wonder the previous owner laughed as I drove off. Anyway, the 9-5 is a really nice car, easily the nicest car I've ever owned. What's funny is that the FW and I are now stereotypical liberals - mixed marriage, working for non-profits, driving a Volvo and a Saab.

No comments: