Friday, April 28, 2006

For my bud in Sri Lanka


This is for my buddy Leo, now chillin' with his wife in Sri Lanka. Last spring, Leo introduced me to an incredible band - Nickel Creek (I wrote about it last year). He took me to a show of theirs at the Birchmere and it was incredible. They're classified as bluegrass, but I don't think they really fit one simple genre, as this sound clip and video of them covering "Toxic" by Britney Spears shows.

I just got their most recent album, "Why Should The Fire Die?" yesterday, and it's fantastic.

Here's to you Leo!

PS - have I mentioned that I own a mandolin? 2 actually. Gotta learn how to play them this spring

1 comment:

MountainWave said...

Nice, at first we thought you were going to tell us that Nickel Creek was coming to Sri Lanka. Oh well, at least now we know to look for their newest album. Earth, Wind, and Fire, and Cool and the Gang did a show here on Valentines Day, but we missed it.

We have seen some Sri Lankan bands and are impressed. So far we've seen a jazz trio, reggae band and blues group but we are still on the look out for more local music.

Here's to good live music.

Cheers!