Friday, February 01, 2008

My Friends Talk

I emailed just about everyone I know to urge them to vote for Obama. Here are the words of a few:

Charlie,
Sure, I'd love to hear what you have to say about Obama. I have liked him so much ever since I saw him a year or two ago on Oprah
. Sophia - Upstate NY

Hey Charlie,

Glad to hear from you. Sounds like you've been a little busy lately. I'm glad you're supporting Obama over Hillary. Although she's a women, and it would be great to have a women in the White House, I agree we're ready for a change. Although I've typically voted Republican, I've really been considering Obama--I like what he says and I like his style.

Sara, Georgia

we couldn't agree more. i already voted for him (absentee). i saw hillary in salinas about a week ago. she didn't do anything for me at all. it's time for a new beginning!! Colleen, Monterey, CA

FYI, I'm an Obama precinct captain here in California. Just heard Ted Kennedy speak. We're working our butts off here in Oakland to get out the vote. If he can win here in CA, he'll be the nominee.
Adam, Berkeley, CA

I really thought I was going to vote for Hillary, and
as much as I admire the Clintons' combined ambition to be in the White House
again, I really think it's time for a change too! And thanks for sharing
your dad's words with us. I have been really disturbed by the hatred passed
on to illegal immigrants, which isn't too far from the racism your dad
suffered through - Obama is a reminder that despite the ills of the world,
we are moving forward. It really is inspiring!
Liz, Virginia


I'm with you on this one, Charlie.
Vicki, Maryland

We're on board and have been for awhile. We donated to Hillary's exploratory committee 3 years ago just to have someone different than the Demo gadflies (Kucinich and Nader) and intelligent on the ballot in 2008, but the bar has been raised and we have seen the future. I've already voted absentee so I keep trying to get the word out to everyone I know, VOTE for hope and change. Kathy, San Diego

No comments: