Tuesday, April 08, 2008

April Fool's - The Aftermath

Apparently, I'm much better at April Fool's than I thought. I'm still amazed at homw many people actually believed I would leave the States for Ireland because of the election. As if Amber would ever leave her little sister. People at work started lining up for my office, and I received numerous e-mails from friends and family, some quite touching. My favorite, however, was the following timeline from my good friend Matt.

Morning:

- Stay at home with child while wife goes to dentist

- Arrive at work 20 min before big meeting

- Read Charlie’s email

- Reply to Charlie’s email with condolences

- Forward email to wife wondering WTF



Afternoon:

- Leave meeting, very hungry

- See reply from Charlie stating “Thanks for the email, check the calendar”

- Grab lunch with boss and tell him about crazy day

- Boss mentions that it is April Fool’s and Wiechmann might be getting taken

- Reply to Charlie’s message with a smart email with smiley

- Try to save some face by playing along and emailing others

- Bigler replies that Charlie’s email was a joke

- AJ replies that Charlie’s email was a joke

- Wiechmann feels sad

- Wife replies that Charlie is crazy, but when can we visit him?

- Wiechmann feels a bit better J



Stupid April Fool’s Day!

No comments: