Friday, September 09, 2005

1995

1994-95 was a damn good year for music. I've got MusicMatch on my computer, at home and at work. I can listen to just about any album ever, and today I'm listening to "Mellon Collie and the Infinite Sadness". I haven't listend to the Smashing Pumpkins in awhile, and forgot just how damn good they were. Other albums I played a lot during 1995 were "Sixteen Stone" by Bush, "Tragic Kingdom" by No Doubt, "Seal" by Seal, and "Crazysexycool" by TLC. Remember these tunes - Gangsta's Paradise, Fantasy, This is How We Do It, Bullet with Butterfly Wings, and of course, Boombastic? Good times folks, good times. I was a no everything 26 year old sharing an awesome house in the Palisades section of DC, overlooking the Canal, with Derrick and Robbin - two of the best roommates I ever had. We seemed to have a party or cookout just about every weekend, regardless of the weather. Hot? Let's have a cookout. Raining? Let's have a party? Snowing? C'mon over! Yep, things were pretty good - Bill in the White House, economy rolling along, we thought the good times would last forever (wow, this sounds like some sappy show Fox would make - oh wait, it is. Reunion debuted last night).

Oh damn, gotta go - "1979" just came on!

No comments: