Tuesday, October 25, 2005

B, I love you

My cousin killed himself yesterday.

I'm too broken up to write about it at length right now. But I do want to say that I know the pain and utter hopelessness that you were feeling, because I've been there. And I'm sorry that you felt that this was your only escape, but I'm comforted in knowing that you're now at peace. I'm not mad at you, only deeply and profoundly sad.

I'll see you again one day, and we can continue our arguments about the 'Skins and Cowboys, Perot and Clinton. And we can play drums like we used to do in Grandma & Granddaddy's basement, and put together Hot Wheels tracks and finally be able to make the cars complete the loop, and race our bikes around the block.

Do me a favor and tell Granddaddy hi for me.

I love you B.

No comments: