Friday, May 26, 2006

Now, that was nice!


Tomorrow morning, the FW and I leave for our annual trip to Corolla, NC for a week at the beach. We share a huge beach house with a bunch of our close friends. Today, in preparation, I went and got my 1st pedicure! Yep, I got all metrosexual today.

For my birthday last December, the FW bought me a gift certificate to The Grooming Lounge, a men's salon downtown. It was for what's called "The Executive Foot Treatment", Eliminate the “agony of de-feet” with this exclusive foot treatment highlighted by a dip in warm paraffin wax. Now, my feet are okay for a man, especially for a man who's played soccer for 30+ years, but I've never, ever had a pedicure. Never even thought of getting one. Well, after today, I just may become addicted.

When I walked through the door of The Grooming Lounge, I knew it was the place for me. Leather chairs, plasma TVs, sports magazines, basically every guys fantasy (did I mention that all the women who work there are hotties?). As I sat waiting for my appointment, they brought me a beer in a frosted mug! Yeah!! For the pedicure, I was seated in a big leather chair with massage controls and a foot bath. I bore you with the details of the treatment, but it was awesome. My feet have never looked or felt better. Guys, if you live in the DC area, get yourself over to The Grooming Lounge ASAP!!

No comments: