Wednesday, August 30, 2006

Etiquette Question


So, I'm going a wedding in New Orleans. It's summer, it's hot, it's muggy. Can I wear my seersucker suit? The wedding is at 7:00, technically evening, but still light out. I'd love to rock the seersucker, but don't want to dress inappropriately. Help a brutha out! Let me know what you think. I've googled it, and I'm getting conflicting information.

UPDATE - talked to the bride-to-be last night at the party. She told me I'd better wear the searsucker, or she'll kick my ass!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Seer sucker suits are appropriate in New Orleans and as well as the Deep South, The Caribean, Hawaii and Arizona. I live in Arizona and believe me a seer sucker suit is good to wear. Summer months are hot and dry but it is breathable and lightweight for this desert climate.