Wednesday, August 16, 2006

I told you so

Remember my post last week questioning the timing of the terrorist/airport scare? Seems I may have correct in my skepticism. Here we are, a week later, and no charges have been filed yet. None of the "terrorist" had made a bomb or purchased plane tickets. Hell, some of them didn't even have passports. But W and company pressured the Brits to make these arrests, even though there was no imminent threat, to scare us all to hell. Why? Because and election is coming up, stupid!

Folks, we have become a nation of punks. We're scared shitless over everything. It's getting to be a joke. And no, I'm not belittling 9/11. I just remember growing up with thousands of nukes pointed at us. Did we run around panicing at every little thing? No, we kept on living life as normally as possible. After Oklahoma City, did we start freaking out every time we saw blonde white dudes in U-Haul trucks?

What's happened to us?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Haven't events surrounding 9/11 been in the news more recently. The tapes from the days telephone calls are now being released. And of course the movies coming out.