Saturday, January 27, 2007

Is It Common For The Police To Call For Backup On A Routine Traffic Stop?

Yesterday, on the way home from work, I stopped to get my oil changed. After leaving Jiffy Lube, I was making a left hand turn, and noticed a motorcycle cop behind me. As soon as I made the turn, he turned on his siren and pulled me over. I knew I turned my signal on, and my lights had just been checked at Jiffy Lube, so why was he pulling me over. I rolled down the window and he said "Hey Buddy, you know it's illegal to have a radar detector?" Radar detector? What was he talk... oh, it was my Sirius satellite radio. It does look a lot like a radar detector. Anyway, he made me show him the radio and asked if there was somewhere else I could put it. I told him that wouldn't really solve the problem, since anywhere I put it, it would still look like a radar detector. As this was going on, 2 patrol cars pulled up. I guess he needed backup on a radar detector stop. Very weird.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

that is what is called dwb. a black man in a saab. hate to be the bearer of bad news, but that's what's up man.

Chaz said...

Actually, I found out why today at work - it's for safety purposes, so the police will have backup. But the reason I was pulled over in the 1st place? You got it right - DWB.