Wednesday, December 28, 2005

How's your holiday been so far?


Mine has been great! It started on Chistmas Eve- went to the 'skins - Giants game with my friend Jeremy (my FW got me the tickets for my birthday). It was awesome - beautiful weather (about 53 degrees at kick-off) and a Giant ass-kicking! Christmas morning, the FW and I drove to my sister's house for breakfast (pancakes, bacon, sausage, eggs, grits, coffee and mimosas) and to exchange presents with my sis, my niece Kennedy and my parents. Afterwards, we drove down to visit my mother-in-law and my FW's sisters and their families. More food and present sharing followed. And on Monday (Boxing Day to my family in Ontario and in London, St. Stephen's Day to our peeps in Dublin), we drove to Charlottesville to visit my Grandmother and my Mom's family. My cousin, Patches, is an incredible chef. He made dinner, which included and incredible roast eggplant soup. Just found out he may be headed to the Culinary Institute of America (CIA). Based on the soup alone, the boy should go!

I don't head back to work until January 3rd, so I am enjoying the time off, hanging out with my FW and her sister Vienna, who's in town from Chicago. Tomorrow, I'm taking a roadtrip with my Dad to visit his brother, Vance, who I haven't seen in years.

No comments: