Saturday, December 17, 2005

A moment to reflect


My 37th birthday is coming up next week, and like I do every year, I wonder "What the hell happened to my body"? Actually, I know what happened - way too much beer, and only playing sports once or twice a week. This pic is of me (on the right) almost 20 years ago, April of '86, during my final high school game. I was in damn good shape, and kept it up all the way through college and my early 20s. And then, metabolism slows down and my six pack became a keg. Not a full keg, mind you, but a nice pony keg. Now, instead of being built like the striker I once was, I'm built more like an NFL QB - 6ft. 4, 217 lbs.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Chaz! Fortunately for me I was not an athlete growing up, so my baseline for comparison is not that high. You look a lot different with hair.