Friday, June 24, 2005

Let me explain my anger

at Karl Rove's recent remarks. I'm a liberal. I'm proud to be a liberal. Without liberals, women wouldn't be allowed to vote, we wouldn't have public education, there'd be no 5 day work weeks, or sick leave, an integrated military, neighborhoods or school systems, health care for the poor and elderly. Hell, without liberals, Jeb Bush and Clarence Thomas wouldn't have been allowed to marry their wives. And when we were attacked on 9/11/01, I was ready to strike back. And we did - in Afghanistan.

So don't tell me I'm helping getting our troops killed. I lived about a mile south of the Pentagon that day. My apartment stank of the smoke from the explosion for days. I drive by the Pentagon every day on my way to work, and for too long, that black scar served as a reminder to me of that day.

This mess in Iraq has nothing at all to do with 9-11, and we all know it. So don't say liberals want our troops to die and are in collusion with the enemy. You're getting desperate, and know that you're living in a house of cards. The emperor has no clothes, ladies and gentlemen.

No comments: